Farmers Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact when I need to arrange my TB test?

You will have been allocated a local veterinary practice to carry out your Government veterinary work including the TB test. If you are unsure, then please contact your normal veterinary practice. In most cases they will be able to make the appropriate arrangements. If your regular practice has chosen to opt out of providing free Government testing services then please call UK Farmcare on 0800 612 5289 to seek advice.

What can I do if I want to use a different Vet?

All farmers are entitled to pay privately for their Government veterinary services and in those cases you can make arrangements with the vet of their choice. You would need to contact the UK Farmcare admin team and, with sufficient notice, it is generally possible to make arrangements for an alternate vet practice to attend.

Who do I contact if I need to report an unexpected sudden death or abortion?

Please contact APHA on 03000 200 301. They will decide if the matter requires investigation.

Can I change my testing window?

If you contact the APHA, they will consider whether your testing window can be changed.

Who do I contact if I'm not happy with the service I'm receiving from my Delivery Partner, Vet Practice or OV?

If you are not satisfied with the service you are receiving from either the OV or the veterinary business allocated to you by the Delivery Partner or from the Delivery Partner themselves, you should raise a complaint with the Delivery Partner. If the Delivery Partner is not able to resolve the matter to your satisfaction they should refer the matter to APHA. You can also escalate the matter to APHA directly (03000 200 301). If you are not satisfied with the service you have received from an OV that you have chosen to pay for yourself, you should inform APHA.

My test letter from the APHA states that you are my vets?

The letter you receive is to advise of the delivery partner for your region. This is not a Veterinary practice. If you already know your Veterinary practice you can simply call them to book the test in. If you are unsure, you can call the number provided on the letter (0800 612 5289) and we will happily advise who you have been allocated to.